Friday, March 23, 2012

First 10 days

Hello friends and family,

Nori and I left Alamogordo on the 5th of March and stayed with Tina and Bruce in Phoenix who have been our friends for many years. We always enjoy our stay with them. We then went to Palm Desert to visit my aunt Monique aka (Nickey). She gave us the grand tour and we had some French Macron cookies. Tasty!
She gave me copies of old family photos that I had never seen before. I've got to do the family tree some day when I retire....oh yea...I am retired...well ok, some day.

We did not get to see our good friends Nell and Grady from Alamogordo who were at the Indian Wells tennis tournament. High winds delayed our arrival.

Friday the 9th we departed and went to the Chinese Consulate in LA to apply for a visa to China. It takes four business days to process. Later that afternoon we arrived at my other aunt Monique in Rancho Cucamonga to see her and her new home. On Saturday we all went out to Vince's Italian Restaurant with Monique's children (my cousins) and their children whom the youngest was 16. Wow...I'm old. It was great to be with so many family members. It was Monique's and Nori's birthday.





Monique showed us the whole city including city hall. We were so busy that I left two projects that she asked me to do undone. Sorry! Guilty! We also enjoyed our visit with her and I got more family tree information.

The three of us were invited to diner at my cousin Mireille's home in San Dimas. It was great to see her again. Super salad!

We were in the audience for the Price is Right Show on 14 March 2012 which will air on 17 April 2012. We are in the far lower right corner and my aunt Monique from Rancho is sitting between us.
We stayed till our visa to China was ready on Thursday and we picked up the visa and traveled to Tehachapi, California to visit with Nori's sister Floria. We are doing laundry and getting ready for St. Patrick's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment